Monday, September 29, 2014

Another Comment by Ah-Lex

Ah-Lex left another long comment in the article "Hero Policemen" that I am giving it another space in the front page.  Salamat po sa input!

Here is Ah-Lex again:

The only time that I personally encountered a "hero policeman" was when a traffic cop flagged me and finding no fault on my part, after a thorough check, he let me go; and the other instance was when a policeman courteously asks for "pambili ng kape" after a thorough check wherein I was apprehended because of my broken winshield. These acts of keeping the order or acting courteously albeit, waste of my time, are for me, heroic, though it is what they're supposed to do.

Above instances can be classified as heroic because all of my other encounters with law enforcement officers are plain and simple robbery or total disservice. To cite a few:



1. When I was held up, I went to the police precint - a good 20 minutes of brisk walking - to report the incident. After he listened to my story, he ask me if I wanted to get back the things taken from me. I said, "siyempre po", knowing in my mind that most, if not all, of the robbers are in connivance or "alaga ng mga pulis" - most of my neighbors who knew somebody from the police always got back what was taken from them if reported early and the specific place where it happened. When he ask me if I saw the face, I told him that it was very dark because of a power failure. He scolded me for reporting when I have'nt seen the face of the holdupper and that I am wasting his time. When I responded that it was what I read in the newspaper: to report crimes is the least we can do to help in crime solving, he told me in an angry voice to get out of the precinct or he will put me in jail.



2. When I was waiting for a ride in a bus stop, a police patrol car stopped in front of the people waiting and frisked us, and checked our wallet and bags. After they left, I noticed that my Parker ballpen and Zippo lighter, which I placed in the front pocket of my bag, were gone.

3. And the worst experience are traffic enforcers, whether policemen or deputized. Whenever they flagged you, there is an extremely high probablity that you will be mulcted because they will try to find any violation such as busted light, inoperable safety gadget, defective side mirrors, etc., before they will let you go.

4. When I brought a pregnant-woman-victim of hit-and-run to a hospital and reported the incident to the nearest police station, the policemen at the station were indifferent, even when I told them that there were many witnesses to the incident in the area. They just continued what they're doing and didn't lift a finger even when I offerred my vehicle to take them to the scene of the incident and back to their station. I offered my vehicle because I heard so many times that the police cannot proceed to the area because of lack of gasoline for their service vehicles

Hero Policemen? For me they are already heroes when they are doing their job, and with courtesy.

2 comments:

  1. I read on FB, and later saw/heard on television, regarding SPO1 Camilling of QCPD. Hindi naman lahat ng pulis ay marunong mag-mekaniko, pero sana'y maraming mga pulis ang magbigay ng tulong sa mga mamamayan sa kahit na anong paraan na maitutulong, hindi tulad ng iba na nagdadagdag pa ng problema ng mamamayan. "Yan ang tungkulin namin", sabi nga ni SPO1 Camiling, at hindi tulad ng naramdaman ng tinulungan niya - na takot - ng lumapit sa kanila ang pulis. Mas dumami pa sana ang katulad ni SPO1 Ariel Camiling.

    ReplyDelete

tell me what you think!